Our team is the best in the industry – is it time for you to join us?
Our nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small hand tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
As a Plant Mechanic you will play a pivotal role in the success of the depot by ensuring that our customers can hire what they want, when they need it through the efficient servicing and maintaining a variety of plant and tools within the GAP fleet. As part of our high-performing depot team, you will be responsible for identifying and repairing any faults or damage to equipment, accurately updating service records and at times you may be required to complete repairs on our customer sites.
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience working as a plant mechanic/fitter role with a relevant mechanical qualification or time served
- Sound and current knowledge of heavy plant machinery maintenance
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A customer-focussed approach workload and committed team player
- A valid driving licence is preferred but not essential
From one division, GAP Hire Solutions now has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We’re looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you’ll enjoy loads of benefits such as a staff social fund and loyalty holidays. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Standby/Call out rota
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you.
All you have to do is apply with your CV highlighting your current package and salary expectations to email@example.com and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER