Our team is the best in the industry – is it time for you to join us?
Our nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small hand tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
As the first point of contact at our depots, Hire & Sales Coordinators (HSC) play a pivotal role in driving our business’ success, by building strong customer relationships, understanding their hire needs and ensuring we can meet them. The Mobile Hire & Sales Coordinator will provide holiday, absence and staff shortage cover at depots within the Midlands region and cover in the absence of the depot General Managers. This is a challenging, fast paced and rewarding role that provides a fantastic platform to grow and progress within GAP Group.
A typical day for a Mobile HSC will include:
- Processing all hire desk administration including customer and supplier queries
- Managing approx. 40-50 incoming and outgoing hires per day
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels to meet customer demand and maximise sales opportunities
- Load checking vehicles and working effectively with the depot team of drivers and fitters
- Resolving customer complaints and supplier issues efficiently
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience of working within a high-volume hire desk role is essential
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on increasing sales
- Effective communicator with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient IT skills with working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook and Excel
- Strong team player with the ability to work to own initiative
- Full driving licence
- Although a plant & tool hire background would be great, as long as you have a proven passion for customer service and the drive to learn we can help with the rest.
*Please note as this is a regional position covering the Midlands it will involve frequent travel and overnight stays.*
Applicants applying for the role of Mobile Hire & Sales Co-ordinator should have/be:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in the plant and tool industry would be an advantage however not essential
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- A valid UK driving licence
About GAP Group
GAP Hire Solutions has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We’re looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you’ll enjoy loads of benefits such as profit share, loyalty holidays, a staff social fund. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you!
All you have to do is apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your current package and salary expectations and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER