Account Image Accessability
Social responsibility isn't just integrated into GAP's overall corporate strategy, it is at the very heart of what we do. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is embedded into our values, company vision and mission. We are committed to helping our people and the wider community reach their maximum potential.
GAP Giving is our company Charitable Foundation which, for a number of years, has donated around 0.5% of the company's profits to various charities. GAP Giving is unique as it allows our employees to choose charities close to their heart to receive a donation. Over the 2022/2023 financial year, GAP Giving has donated £125,620 to 92 charities throughout the UK. The foundation enables GAP, as a company and our employees, to give back to those who are less fortunate and in need of help and support through difficult times.
Since the inception of GAP Giving in 2015, we have been able to donate just over £753,000!
GAP Giving provides support to these charities in a number of ways:
- Donation - Employees can nominate a charity they feel is deserving, or who has helped them or a loved one.
- Charity of the Month - Each region, division and department is given the opportunity to choose a charity to receive a donation.
- GAP Match - Efforts made by employees who are fundraising is matched by GAP.
November GAP Giving Donations
GAP is delighted to confirm the charities who have received support during the month of November.
Finally, our Charities of the Month included The Children’s Family Trust, Simba, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Prostate Cymru and Marie Curie and Macmillan Cancer Support chosen by the Midlands, Finance, Pumps, Regional Sales South West and North East team respectively.
Supporting local communities
GAP seeks to develop strong relationships with our local communities. For several years, we have been working with Volunteer It Yourself (VIY), a not-for-profit organisation which combines DIY and volunteering by challenging young people aged between 14-24 who are unemployed, NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), or who are at risk of becoming NEET.
GAP supports VIY in completing projects across the UK by providing a range of equipment for hire free of charge.
Some of the projects that VIY has worked on includes refurbishing and improving local youth clubs, grassroots sports clubs, community building and facilities, all while the young people learn vocational trade and employability skills on the job.
For a number of years, GAP has run a Youth Sponsorship scheme, in which we provide monetary support to a number of local youth sports teams. We aim to help these clubs to use the funding in any way which suits their requirements most and will benefit the club and the children in the team.
The teams which are part of our 2023/24 season are:
- Nottingham Arrows - American Football for ages 14-17
- Haunchwood Sports Junior FC - Under 7 Girls Football
- Bronte Barbarians Arlfc - Under 15 Girls Rugby
- Fletcher Moss Rangers FC - Under 9 Football
- Liverpool Basketball Club - Under 15 Basketball
- Pollock United Soccer Academy - Under 15 Football
- Rayleigh Raptors - Under 12 Girls Football
- Canvey Island Youth Pumas - Under 8 Football
- Petersfield Hockey Club - Under 16 Hockey
- Thatto Heath Crusaders - Under 13 Rugby
- Falkirk 2008 - Under 15 Football